Horizon Tree



I took the photo (bottom) and decided to try my hand at a painting using it as inspiration and reference.  I thought I was "done" but as I look at it there are some things that I want to do to embellish ... darken some grassy clumps, lighten some areas of the grass, do some line work, add some shadows to the tree foliage, brighten the sky, highlight the clouds and add another to the left. shadow the tree on the grassy area, etc.   Finishing..... refining......  The canvas is 12 x 12 inches, Liquitex paints, Dynasty designer series brushes, and my old stand by scruffies.....

For whatever reason (artists' license) I changed my painting........The new rendition seems to be more
interesting.  What time of day is it?  What is the light behind the tree?  Where does the pathway lead?
What does the painting signify to you?  I like paintings that connect to others....  Still not sure if this is "DONE" so will wait and see.....I think I want to do a bit of work on the glow behind the tree....we'll see what happens.

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.