Pouring



Lately I have been obsessed with "pouring",  This one really turned out to my liking and as a result others followed as I mixed up a lot of each of the colors...and I am glad I did.  My favorite size canvas so far are those that are 12 x 12 .... seems like a pretty nice size .... especially since I am new
to this technique.  It will help me to get a feel for things if they are all the same size.  Judging paint, water, silicone, pouring medium to paint ratio, etc.  I like the colors so much I am going to get a new bottle of each one.  Kinda reminds me of hydrangeas for some reason......I guess the colors.  Which makes me wonder how a dark green would be instead of the black.  I am finally getting close to what I think I want to concentrate on.  I want a technique that is a bit more playful than just turning the cup upside down and letting happen whatever happens.....takes all the fun out of the art form and doesn't allow the creativity I desire when I am "art-ing".   This dried just as beautiful as it was shen it was wet and that was a success in itself.    I like that I got big and small cells, a blending of colors the web -by look, the ability to draw the black thin crevice  down through the painting... and the uniqueness of the abstract designs......  The photos below were done with the same colors.  #1 and #3 are 5" x 7" canvas boards.  Photo #2 below was a an upside down canvas in run off....and the last photo shows how beautiful the runoff itself is which is going to be a gorgeous Skin.   It amazes me how different each piece is...depending on the "pour" itself...the ratio of colors used, and the way things run.  There is definitely a learning curve.  I going to get a couple of frames and see how these look framed...





No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.