The Gentlemans' Abstracted Rooster

The past couple of days I have been working on this piece for some neighbors up the street for Christmas.   It was done using a stencil, acrylic paints, 3 mats, a green feather, 3 hinges, some bb pellets, vintage buttons, painted on a 5 x 7" portrait grade canvas board.   and a thrift store frame/with glass for $5.00 that I spray painted. ( I did a smaller one for myself a few months ago but was the rooster only without the elements of mixed media.  I like them both. )

After the painting was done I used the Glamour Dust Paints in Green, Black, Red, Orange, Yellow, Gold, and Blue to add some bling as well as glazeing the GD paints over the rooster for some mottleing.  I used the Ice Crystal GD paint for the entired backgrouind.  I felt that the bb pellets and hinges gave it a bit more of a masculine look......


No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.