Mirror Tile Christmas Ornaments

These are my mirror mosaic tile ornaments for this year.

Supplies:
Rayon/nylon crochet thread.  Color of choice.

2 mosaic mirror squares per ornament,  E6000 glue, crochet cotton cut to the length desired.  I want mine to be short as I want to use one of the traditional wire hangers to hang on my tree limbs.

Put a 1/4" globbet of E6000 in the middle of one of the mirror squares..lay down the crochet ccotton into the glue, then lay another mirror square on top and squeeze together.  Lay aside to dry and continue making your additional mirror ornaments..

OTHER OPTIONS FOR THE Hanger:
Whatever you choose must be thin and flat or you will have too much space between the mirrors and you will not have "Holding Power" from the glue so keep this in mind when looking.....
narrow thin ribbon
crochet thread
thin lace
jewelry bale
large Jump Ring
picture hanger
rubber band
fishing line (will give the illusion that the mirror is floating)

OTHER OPTIONS FOR THE MOSAIC MIRRORS:
you could spray with frosted glass for a frosted mirror
lay down a stencil and spray with frosted glass (ie:  snowflake)
   because I want mirrored images I will leave mine as you see in the photo
   for the rest of my mirror ornaments I am going to use green thread so it gives the illusion that the mirors are floating....(the thread will blend with the green of the tree)You learn so much by doing and then critiquing what you have done.....other options, etc.  New ideas just flow.
gallery glass faux stained glass .... use this as your "stencil" paint 

If I were to make more of these mosaic mirrors ..... say, to maybe sell a dozen finished ones I think I would use the round mirrors and would stencil just a portion of a snowflake on the mirror....  That would be so elegant....I am looking more for "effect" than "pretty".....

 Another neat item would be the flat back stones used for artifical plants as they come in colors and one could mix and match.....  




No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.