Domino Snowflake Ornaments


These will be some of the ornaments on my tree this year.  Not everything will be hand made but enough that it will be my tree......  The domino snowflake collages were purchased from a fellow Etsy Vendor.  The necklace bales that I used for the "hanger" was also an Etsy vendor purchase.  LOVE Etsy.

Steps:
Glue collage design to either the front or back of the dominos.  (the ones I used were picked up in a thrift store and were the larger white dominos with the colored dots)  Normally I do not like these but for this particular project they were perfect.  I glued the collage design to the Dotted Side of the dominos because I wanted the back side just the white...no dots.) When I am making jewelry, on the other hand, I glue the design image to the empty side of the domino.  Just depends on what I am doing, and what I want when finished.

After gluing the images on I let them sit for about 12-14 hours.

3.  Using a larger emery board (purchased at a Beauty Supply Store) I sand all the edges of the image and round the corners.  Different grits of nail files are nice to have.

4.  Apply a Matte or Satin Clear Coat over your image and let dry.

5.  Glue the jewelry bail to the domino, lay design down,  and leave for about 12-14 hours to allow the glue to set and adhere.

6.  Holding the ornaments by the bail I applied the colored Glamour Dust paints in a corresponding color to the snowflake design collage.

I will hang using the normal wire shaped hangers...they will be perfect for these.

NEXT:  Mirror Tile Ornaments
Supplies:
Handmade but cut bagged Mosaic mirror tiles which I have seen in Michaels, WalMart, and JoAnne retail stores.  Our stores carry square, round and oval in a couple of different sizes depending upon brand.  I chose to use the square ones and they are probably "inchies"....... since my balls are round, and the dominos rectangular.  Also needed is glue (I use the E 6000 and I only buy the large tubes as they work better, and the glue runs freer because the nozzle hole is larger.  Amazing what you learn along the way.  I do have a small tube for small items but the glue is a pain to get "running".  Next time I am going to have to try setting it in a cup of hot water and see if that helps) ;  some crochet thread, cording,  ribbon (narrow) maybe even a thin lace....all depending on the look you want to achieve to be used as the hanging element for the ornament.  I have some very narrow cording that I will be using in a shade of color to match my bulbs.  My lights are going to be clear ... no color....and my Christmas tree is a type of Blue Spruce, about 3 1/2" tall, live;  which will get planted somewhere this spring.

SO STAY TUNED FOR A PICTURE OF THE MIRROR TILE ORNAMENTS FINISHED WITH SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS AND THEN A FINAL TRIMMED TREE ......







No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.