Awesome Edison Candleholders

This is just the beginning, but they look so NEAT just as they are.  I fell in love with the concept immediately when I saw them in one of last  months'  magazines while sitting in the Dr's office waiting to "be seen".

Fortunately I was able to find 3 of the Edison light bulbs on Etsy and rec'd them yesterday.  Today they got their "bath" and "glue" as I inserted them into the candlesticks.

Today one of Larry's friends brought me a 4th lightbulb ( I had purchased 4 candlestick holders) ....so he will get one of these....be it how it is right now or how it turns out....I wonder which he will choose.

 In the magazine they showed butterflys which were attached to the lightbulbs some how....  Mine will be winter.....  I have nothing concrete in mind but I am hoping to find time tomorrow to work on them.  The set of 3 is neat as the candlestick holders are all a different height and the bases different shapes.......the bulbs are all the same size.

I love the freedom that mixed media provides to an artist....




No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.