Milk Weed

This is a weed......and I don't remember it ever blooming like this when I lived in PA but I am enjoying it this year and have taken numerous photos ....  It was neat to catch this butterfly and since downloading it appears I have also captured (in photo) some type of a silver bug/spider, unknown to me.  The flowers are very fragrant and I love the round pods before they pop open to flowers...and the double look of the flower with a front and back.  I wish I could fly home for a week this fall and take photos of this plant when it pods out and is filled with hundreds of thin, silky, irridescent white spines with a seed at one end....  I DO remember popping them open in the fall and scattering the seeds everywhere....

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.