Sketch

I have wanted to do some sketching.... something I could never do before so it is an amazing feeling to see something happening on paper.... by me with just a normal #2 pencil which is really my favorite so far to use.

About a month ago I was gifted with a fantastic book of the works of Harrison Fisher so his book inspired this sketch.   I have to move her chin out a bit but other than that I am delighted.   I am anxious to try another....  I loved the Gibson girl hairdo's of the
60's (I was a hairdresser as well as teaching high style in a local Cosmetology School in NY state) but this was never the less a challenge to complete .   I can just about visualize how this is going to look with a bit of color and sparkle.  I have no idea who this woman is.....she came from within...

Somewhere along the line this year she will be done in watercolors and I have begun noting colors to use, etc.

I have also had a lot of fun sketching some unusual animals and experimenting with small....so many different avenues in artistic journeys....


No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.