Lampshade (Before)

This is my treasure for today.  I saw it at the thrift store last week and it "haunted me" so today I went back and it was still there so it came home with me for $1.00.  The framework is metal and good and strong so I will take all of the material off and will be redoing with vintage dresser scarves that I have been purchasing when I found one I liked.  Several years ago I took a class at Joannes for "recovering" lamp shades so I have the knowledge I need to do it successfully.

The shade is 18 1/2" tall, the top diameter is 3 1/2" and the bottom is 9" so it is a tall, thin shade....  I may use it for the vintage kerosene stove that I wanted to turn into a lamp....the shape is right and I think will work perfect.


No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.