Seamstress-ing Tools

 The items to the left and below is an antique hand-crocheted sewing book kit and a metal sliding sewing measure dated 1890 that was sent to me by a friend who finds and has some of the neatest older items.  (Her Etsy vendor name(s) are  Willowsnest and Remindersofthepast where she sells her vintage/antique, unique and handmade items.)

These items are to cherished and are "out" so that I can see, enjoy and wonder about the first owner.

Since my Grandmother was the "town" seamstress back in Pennsylvania these items have
memories attached even though they were not hers.  Her name was "Sarah Alice"....so old but such a pretty name for a little bit of a woman who was feisty as the dickens....

After the holidays I will study the crocheted piece and see if I can figure out how it was done and reproduce it.  It even has a bit of a binding on it where a ribbon has been woven in....

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.