Thankful

I feel very thankful tonight as I sit in my warm house, all in one piece, with no devastation anywhere close to relate to the fearsome Sandy storm that has hit the East Coast.  Our family members who reside in Pennsylvania near the New York State border were spared.....lights flickered but none of them have lost power.  Winds were bad but not horrific, and they had a lot of rain....and may eventually get some snow from the storm in the next couple of days.  They were lucky this time.

I cannot even imagine what some of the areas are like, the sorrow of losing a home, a neighbor, family member or friend ....  my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected and effected.

Copyright 10-12    DP


A photo I took on the way into Bend last week when we were having threats of a storm with a sky full of different types of clouds as if it just couldn't decide what type of weather to produce....

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.