Handpainted Feather Jewelry

Copyright 8 / 2012    DP

IThese are HAND  MARBLED  feathers and can be purchased at www.quillnaros.etsy.com  Ely does her feathers in "series".  Once they are gone, they are gone as they are one of a kind pieces.  An exact duplication is pretty much out of the question....

I purchased the feathers to make earrings for my sister for Christmas.  I don't have pierced ears or wear earrings but these earrings are a real temptation.  

I used 3mm blue grey crystals, small silver beads  and
 mauve pink delicas and I can't wait till Christmas to give them to her.  I will have to send these out to her next week.....

AND.....go back to Ely for another set to make for someone else.  TOO PRETTY...  Gorgeous Ely but I have been telling you this since day #1.

Oh, the feathers are soft and pliable...and I love the little fluff of wisps
 at the narrow end....so frilly and remind me of the retro DOTs of the 50's.  The colors are vibrant, yet soft and these have iridescent colors here and there so when the light hits the sparkle will be THERE.



 

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.