Garlic Lemon Pork

Copyright 8 - 2012  DP
1/2 cup Flour
2 lemons, 1 zested and juiced, 1 very thinly sliced (remove seeds)
1 port tenderloin, cut into 1 inch slices and pounded 1/4" thick
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
4 cloves of garlic cut thin
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons sliced fresh chives  (I have used the green stalks of scallions in a pinch)
My method:  1 pint of whipping cream
                      1 egg and 1 tsp water beat well to mix

Step 1.  Place flour in a shallow dish and stir in 1 teaspoon lemon zest.  Season pork with salt and pepper then coat with flour shaking off excess.  I always dip my pork into well beaten egg with about 1 tablespoon of water and THEN into flour,

Step 2.  In a large skilled, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high.  In batches, cook pork until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.  Transfer to a plate and tent loosely with foil.

Step 3.  Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and remaining tablespoon butter, and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.

Step 4.  Add broth and cook, stirring until reduced by half, 4 minutes.  Return port to pan along with any accumulated juices and lemon slices; cook until sauce has thickened slightly, 2 minutes.  Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chives.

NOTE:  To make this even more wonderful I always had about a pint of whipping cream....mmmmmm,  Such a great meal.  I serve with twice baked potatoes.   AND... I think because I have fresh basil I am going to add some sprigs of that to the melted butter...then add the floured pork.  When I made carnitas this past weekend with a pork loin I added the basil in the crock pot with the meat and it had just a bit of a different taste that seemed to freshen up the pork and I liked it.  Even with cooking a creative touch is sometimes fun...

This is WELL worth the little extra it takes to make this dish.

ENJOY........
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BTW:
The photo is of my Basil...neat to just go and pluck a stalk.  Next year I have to think of something better than the makeshift area we had this year....

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.