Susan Paley with Ganz "Diana"

Part of the fun in garage and estate sales, thrift stores etc.  is finding something (Like this vase) that appeals to you, that you know nothing about and then doing research.  I first liked the piece, then when I turned it over and saw that it was "Diana" it went home with me for  two $1 bills. 

Susan Paley did a lot of vases short and tall and this series is known as the lady vases as each has a name.  This vase is now home in my little niche of the world where I create, work and enjoy the freedom of art....along side this teapot vase (I think)  that I purchased several months ago, just because.... in the window looking out to the land of deer, squirrels, birds and an open field.  

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.