Brrrrrrrrr.






My daughter emailed me a wonderfully detailed, sharp, clear photo of this robin.

I first painted it on the lid of an oval shaped box which was published in PaintWorks magazine.

Everything about this photo was an artists dream so I decided to upscale it a bit.

It has been painted with more detail, and because it is larger than the box lid I was able to bring out more of the coloring in the trees and was amazed at the colors "that worked". Trees, bushes, and animals look "different" different times of the year as I could readily see just in the color of these aspen trees which are more saplings than full sized. The new growth also is much darker with nubs where the new growth is beginning. I may decide to paint this again jumping to a larger sized canvas. Notice the "indications" of additional trees way in the background which help create the depth in this painting.

I chose a 5" x 7" portrait grade canvas and then close to use a black frame. This
was really a fun piece and a delight to watch it come together to the finish point.

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.