Mushrooms


Yesterday we took our friends to Sahalie and Koosah Falls right outside of Sisters, OR.
I was EXCITED to go as I have not been this late in the year. I knew that the area is well known for the numerous variety of mushrooms which can be seen here so I had my batteries charged and a 4GB card in my camera.
This is just one of the better shots..... I took nearly 300 pictures but already know that many of the shots will be blurry and discarded as I pull them up to view and crop if needed. The area is very damp, musty, etc and creates havoc with my camera. I am always excited and delighted with each of the good shots that I get.
These little jewels were growing off a tree limb in different ways/directions. They were pure white and much more translucent that the other mushrooms. They were delicate and beautiful. The number of species that I saw and photographed along with lichen was unbelievable...and many just looked as if they had been strategically placed; the setting being so beautiful. I had soooooooooooooo much fun. This is my most favorite spot in Oregon and I go here as much as I possibly can.
Now I will have to get my mushroom identification book out and determine each specie if possible.
ENJOY...........

1 comment:

Belle said...

I have never seen mushrooms like these, and I used to walk in the forest quite a lot. They are so beautiful and interesting.

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.