Playing


I have been playing and experimenting with some new metallic paints and patinas ... which is the background color on 9 resin/ceramic type dominoes (which have no design on one side) and are glued together.

My other play was the zentangle giraffe. I saw it done somewhere, and I am sorry that I don't remember just where or by whom, so I wanted to give it a try as it was a really cute. I painted the giraffe a cream color and then used a brown Micron pen to do the zentangle "effect". Zentangles USED to come easy when I was in high school and doodled my book covers and 3 ring binders but since it has became a popular art form I am fighting the "stigma" of "art" vs "fun".

I liked the way the artist had done this giraffe as she or he kinda made it flow instead of having it more sectioned off. I know I have a long way to go but it was fun, it is a learning thing and practice will make a difference, or so they say and we must start somewhere. So....be kind.

1 comment:

Belle said...

This looks just wonderful. I would love to have one. Your work is inspiring.

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.