FINE LINE RUBBER STAMPS


 


I sell Rubber stamps in my Etsy Store.

The above two stamps have been named Spiral Swirls from the manufacturer.

Same design....different layering of design.  

The stamp on the left is a Fineline stamp and it produces a design ON TOP  of the clay.  

Photo on the right  is the same design, different depth in layering and produces an image INTO the clay.  The depths of layering may also vary within the stamp....this is not a defect....it is done on purpose to create the intricacy and delicate patterns that the artists who use them love.  

There is a big difference in the craft stamps and artist stamps...and takes a little practice and getting used to.  

  Taking a photo of the fineline stamps is hard as you can see when a photo is taken of  the fineline and regular cut side by side.  I find that in order for a potential buyer to see the design to have an idea of how it will "print" for them I am have to rely on taking a close up.  I have had a couple of inexperienced players accuse me of being deceitful with my pictures.....  That was most certainly NOT my intent.  Below is a photo of the same fineline stamp as above taken at a closer range.  


There is no place in Etsy where I can provide this type of information to a potential buyer so I am hoping that there is a way I can direct potential buyers here who have questions....  

The work that artists are doing with these fine line stamps is amazing and beautiful.  It isn't that the fineline stamps don't work...it is because the buyer doesn't purchase knowing what they will and will not do.  



No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.