UNICORN FINISHED



ABOVE IS MY FINISHED PIECE OF ARTWORK. 
BELOW IS HOW IT STARTED.
I have matted and framed using my "stash".  I cannot believe I had the
perfect size and match.  That doesn't happen very often.  
I have hung it where I can see it several times a day to determine whether it is REALLY DONE and soon it will be FOR SALE.






Since we have to be social distancing I thought I would distance myself with some art. The 1st photo shows a pour I did a few months ago.  Nothing special but a nice piece to play with and see what might or might not happen..and  a learning experience.  

The unicorn is a stencil and I used gold, silver, copper and white modeling paste.  I  let it dry overnight and in the morning I applied a coat of Satin varnish in preparation for the next time I would work on it.  The varnish protects this stage and in the event I don't like what I do next I can easily wipe it off.  

The stencil I have laid out to work with next is bubbles.  Small, overlapping, different sized open bubbles.  I also  want to shade around the unicorn with black to help bring 
him forward more.    


I have shaded around the unicorn and added bubbles in grey and white ransoming with the stencil.
Added another coat of Satin varnish and hopefully will find time to work on this again tomorrow
evening.  Taking photos of your art as I progress helps me to see differently things I might want to change, lighten or darken, etc.  More  bubble work will continue in my next sitting with this piece.  

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.