Pour #7






I really like the darker colors ....  I also did 2 larger pours with the same mixture and they also turned out really nice but because these were different sizes I decided to show them.  The heart is wood and I laid it in my run off and then torched.  I didn't get a lot of cells but still pretty.  The long skinny one is done on some canvas boards that are handmade with a portrait grade canvas.  The webbing and the thing lines are the metallic color that I used...Dazzling Metallics by Americana DecoArt and on the bigger ones I also did dirty pours but I dipped my spatula in the run off and went into the dark area and created more webbings manually....  It is fun manipulating to see what happens rather than just pouring.....  I also like the colors being thinner....the canvas pieces dry much sooner and because I am not aiming for gloss I don't need thick color.    I think these darker ones will appeal to those who like modern, lean towards black and browns with some neutral colors, industrial chic, and men who want art that is not feminine and colorful but still unique and provoking.

I used 2 blue colors in this pour and they hardly show ... they seemed to get lost ....

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.