Wire Bend, Twist and Mold


I have found that I really enjoy wire sculpture and have done a couple.  This one is "in process".  I have chosen a wood tray  and this one will be dimensional but more flat than 3D.... I think.  It seems that as I play things sometimes change during the journey. 

Wire allows me to go within....and there is really no thought process just a doing process.  My hands move, the wire bends and I just allow...  Right now I have used some silver mesh and have fashioned a mesh curtain valance with pleats and tiny billows as if there is a breeze.  It is "ouch-y" to work with.

The material backdrop I don't think will be my final choice.... and I think a trip to Hobby Lobby or JoAnnes to browse the material section might be on my agenda....

My original idea and where I seem to be going with the wire focal piece is a tree with roots ........ and maybe along the way I will discover the connection to me.


No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.