Touch Drawing


ONE OF MY FAVORITE CLOUD PHOTOS.

Today I experienced a "Touch Drawing" class given by my friend Candace at her home studio.  There were 4 of us and it was the perfect size.  The class went from 2-5.

I attended with NO expectations….and even wondered if it might not be a waste of time for me as I have been preparing for a neighborhood  bbq. …. but I was intrigued as she was really excited when she took a class a few months ago.  A kit can be purchased online either as a single kit or as a group kit.

The class consisted of a brief intro into the background of Touch Drawing which was developed by Deboarah Koff Chapin back in 1974.  We each chose one of Deborahs Soul cards to inspire our journey and then were told when we were totally done we could choose another to end our journey.

We had one hour to complete as many touch dtrawing as we wanted in that time frame.  I was really getting frustrated with what I was "getting" ….  they looked pretty bad to me but I kept going…maybe I would get better the more I did.

After the hour was up we were asked to go through the pictures in chronological order and give each a title/name based on feelings/intuition and Not the mind.  Hmmmmmm.

When we had all completed that step we were told to white the names we had chosen down the middle of a sheet of paper leaving room on the to the front and back of the titles…..to wirte a story using the center title words.

Goodness, was I EVER in a mess….Lousy pictures, stupid titles and now I had to make up a story using the titles and "share".

When I began to write my story it just "flowed"…. as if my hand was creating the words….

Here is my story.  The all capped words are the names of the Touch Drawings I did in the order in which I had done them.

FROM UNDER and within the EMOTION remains STUCK but has begun to UNRAVEL as the SHADOWS become VAPOR and the ENERGY of the earth ANGELS EMERGE with MUSICAL vibrations, OUTSIDE UP, DOWN AND AROUND.  Then CLOSED cords.

As the SNAKE rears its nasty head PASSING THROUGH the PATHWAY of my soul the SHIELD protects and with BOWED HEAD the FLYING BIRD encircles the COUPLES who are HIDDEN .

As the MOTHER boards the SAILBOAT with the MAN WITH THE CANE a SIGN appears and through the DOORWAY the CITY SMELLS create DISCORD OUTSIDE of them until they reach the GATE CONNECTON to the PEACEFUL MOUNTAIN TOWN where INFINITY blows in the  WIND, EVER CHANGING the inner TURMOILwith a normal EKG.

Needless to say I was pretty AMAZED with the process…speechless and a bit in awe with the speed with which I wrote using not my mind but my soul.   I am already looking forward to doing it again and think I will put a kit together myself and save a little money.  I already have a brayer…and just 5 tubes of color were used and our hands (even the non dominant hand) , fingers, finger nails, etc were used as "brushes".  I do have to admit that I think a group is the perfect setting but alone would be different and kinda neat also.

I find myself wondering what will be next….

If you are interested in learning more go to:  www.touchdrawing.com


MY DRAWINGS:  (These are only a few of the touch drawings I did:

Sign

Doorway

City Smells

Connection

Peaceful Mountain Town

Infinity

YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT THE MIND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH NAMING THESE TOUCH DRAWINGS I DID…..OR THE STORY ….  I FIRMLY BELIEVE THEY CAME FROM THE MIND OF MY HEART…. WITHIN.



No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.