Magazine Altered Art Photos

"ROOTS"
"WASH DAY"
A year or so ago (in the summer) I played with magazine pages and have just now taken the time to really "look" at them and have been amazed at the transformation from what was the original to my new original.

I have mounted the "revised" work onto canvas boards and will be matting them and then offering them for sale.

Each one is unique and one of a kind.   They range in size from 5 x 7 to 9 x 12 depending on how I have chosen to mount the design.  Many could be displayed in more than one direction…..and what I see and you see, and how it interacts with our emotional side will differ from person to person so it is almost like altered abstract type art that "I" find appealing and different than other works of art that are being offered for sale in todays' galleries.

I find art that is unduplicatable to my liking…..and hopefully it will be to others also.  Photo #1 I am going to have matted in a salmon, fleshy, color and I am anxious to see the secondary transformation which the matt will provide.  The framing will be left to the buyer, but the smaller ones will be matted and possibly framed.

There are 3 which I will keep as a gouping for one of my walls…. Each will have a name, signed,
dated, and numbered as #1 Original.     Someday hundreds of years down the road it might be a
valuable "vintage" item;  lol…..

On some of them I will add spiritual life quotes.

Experimenting is the journey of art or the art of journey…..

I LIKE TO THINK OF THIS AS SELF INTERPRETATION ART….. AND WHEN IT IS PURCHASED IT WILL BE PURCHASED BY THE RIGHT PERSON…..THE PERSON IT WAS MEANT TO BE FOR.  THE PERSON WHO IDENTIFIES "WITH IT"…..




No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.