Bloomin' 4 x 4


This is my finished 4 x 4 mixed media piece for a swap on a group I belong to.  The theme was Bloomin",  the size was to be 4 x 4.  Keeping in mind that the receiver might use the piece for a Chunky Book, we were told to leave some margin room on one side.  The top picture was where I started...and thought I was done...but it totally lacked mixed media so......the bottom picture is how
it finished up.  A strawberry blossom and I am sorry that the "hanging from the bottom enamel colored red strawberry charm on a gold chain cannot be seen.  Just another to add a  different "touch" to the piece.  It was fun to take the painting into a different aspect of art.  I used quite a few different elements to add texture, movement, dimension and some feathers from one of Ely's artistic suppliers....her birds.

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.