Mountain Meadow by Diana Putnam

5-13  Copyright    Diana Putnam
This is one of my latest paintings.  The inspiration comes from photos I take here in Oregon.  Sometimes I use artistic license and other times I paint as close as I can to the photo.   I am nearly finished with one just a bit bigger than this one and it is totally different although I have used the same photo....on the new one artistic license took over...

I work in acrylics and my preference is Liquitex soft body paints and I really enjoy brush mixing paints vs premixed bottled paints.  It is much more fun....and more rewarding.  BUT...this is preference not something that is mandatory.    Brush choice is FM Dynasty/Black Gold brushes, (Designer,  IPC and Faux Squirrel series). My canvas boards are portrait grade canvas boards which are hand made.  I also paint what "I" like vs what might be "in" and tend to ignore fads, in colors, etc. the majority of the time.  I also prefer to work a bit smaller than the majority of fine art artists who paint major size pieces....

If you look back in my blog just a bit you will see and recognize the photo I used with the Post Title of
Snapshot...



No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.