Mixed Media Vintage Wooden Shoe Last




This was a fun one..but they all are......  Things go much faster when you have a "tray" of things you think you might want and tools you are going to need.  I worked on the last shoe form 2 evenings for an hour or so ....  In the last picture I added a bracelet....  These lasts make a neat doorstop; in the middle is an open area (the way this last is made) to us for  incoming or outgoing mail , or maybe to hold your business cards.   I used the Liquitex soft body paints,  white sheer pleated lace on elastic, and swarovski flat back crystals.  

Roxanne Jarvis is another artist who loves working with wooden shoe lasts and has had several of her designs published in PaintWorks.  

I am going to sell this one so I will remove the bracelet and will probably add a simple bracelet with a vintage key.   This would work well to hold some of your favorite pieces, a watch, etc.  I 
love different....don't you?

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.