Sooo much fun.....
I think I am ready to start putting together the Levi pocket mixed media....I have moved, re-arranged.
etc. and think I am pretty much satisfied.... The basecoated frame turned out awesome. Below is the substrate which was the exact size I needed...and is an Ikea mirror. I love these pieces. I have used
3 colors on the frame and used a Dynasty deer foot to do the basecoat using a circular motion to apply and blend the colors. I LOVE blended backgrounds. For this particular piece.... a levi pocket with dark yellow stiitching......gave me the color palette for the entire piece with just a "jolt" of color...a splash of color..... I think I just may be able to go downstairs tonight and just do a bit more.... I always work from the back forward....building layers of elements, glueing, or another form of making it permanent....then clamping the area when I get to a point where I can't go any further until the areas are dry and set..... Then I move on to the next project which I think is going to be a bracelet I have in a jar
cap (another neat "tray" for smaller items.) (My paints were Liquitex soft body paints----I LOVE these paints).