Mayan Mixed Media (IN PROGRESS)

Copyright 11-12    Diana Putnam
Mixed Media art is new to me and one I walk in to slowly...and with some apprehension.   Takes a different kind of thinking than painting, more research, and supplies to look through to find what you want.  The sequins on this piece are a blue and they show up a little in the photo....I can already see that I need to do a bit of work on the left eye to increase the middle.,,, I am using Liquitex acrylic paints, texture medium and Americana Glamour dust Paints...the substrate is an MDF plaque. and the brass pieces are embellishments I have collected.  I still have quite a bit more to do before I can say "done" but it is progressing nicely which is a good feeling... so I am hoping it continues...  Kinda stopping now and then and doing something else has helped a lot,  plus running across items that "work"... through my artists' eye.  


No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.