LOOK UP

Copyright 11/12    DP
I love trees,  fog, or in this case freezing fog, and clouds.  we don't very often look "up" but when I was younger I used to love to lie and look at the clouds....  This was painted using a photo I took a few weeks ago and some artistic license.... on a rectangular gallery canvas.   I will be repainting this design,  matting and framing.  This one was my 'test' .... to achieve colors, brushes, techniques, effects, etc.  

  There is another photo on my table so I am going to work from it tomorrow using an 8 x 8 portrait grade canvas....  Mt Batchelor will be the subject, first snow, and some evergreen boughs.  The inspiration and "have to" feeling has hit so I have learned to take advantage of these times..... 







2 comments:

carol doyle said...

Love the painting of the tree in black. Stunning.

Diana Putnam said...

Thank you so much Carol. One of the things that is really missed with a photo of just about anything is that so much cannot be seen. Carol remarked on the black tree, but if it were "seen" one on one many would see that it isn't black, or green, or purple,.....but somehow mixing black vs using the color black can provide some fun things.

Mixing colors is so much fun.

Diana

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.