Colors to use to Stain (Delta)

I found this when I was cleaning a bit today and thought I would share as I haven't seen one of these charts in a LONG time.  To use American colors some could be converted straight across and for others you will need to refer to a conversion chart.  I used this technique many times to save a few $$.
Delta recommends Gel Stain Medium..   What is needed is a dilutant for the color giving it the ability to move smoothly and evenly.   I don't find myself using Delta paints at all but the converting over is easy.


Stain Color                                     COLOR:
Cherry                                            Red Iron Oxide                                1:2 Gel Stain Medium
Fruitwood                                      Spice Brown                                     1:2
Modern Walnut                              Traditional Burnt Umber                  1:2
Mahogany                                      Burnt Umber                                    1:1
Maple                                             Brown Velvet                                   1:2
Golden Oak                                    Spice Tan                                         1:2
Walnut                                            Brown Iron Oxide                            1:1 Gel Stain Medium
Antique Oak                                   Walnut                                              1:1

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.