Pussy Willows

I have a weeping pussy willow tree that has been nurtured and this will be the 3rd blooming season for it.
As you can see the pussy willows this year are huge and so reminiscent of the ones I remember as a youngster on the East Coast.  They are so soft and pretty and lets me know that spring "just might" be around the corner.  Time for feeding and fertilizing.  Finding plants, scrubs, trees, etc that our roaming deer will leave alone is a challenge.  
I love the colors of the greys and whites ...  the brown and green stems....and in summer it will be all leafy green with some of the boughs down nearly to the ground.  One of my favorites....

Because it was nearly dark when I took the top photo I clicked on my flash for the 2nd photo and was so surprised with the results when I downloaded it to view.  I shows what is underneath the pretty furry buds....it reminds me of 
corn on the cob....cobs.   It is neat when you take photos and the picture is nothing like you have expected.

Such is art.  The unexpected is the "best".

HAPPY SPRING  

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.