Thinking Positive

One of the most important attributes to creativity is having a positive attitude.  A positive attitude is a mindset that must be nurtured ... and sometimes you need to give yourself a "pep" talk....  I begin everything with "I can".....  If you have learned techniques, and a desire to succeed... you hold the key to some fun times, learning experiences and a finished piece that you will be proud of.

I knit, crochet, clay, sculpt, do mixed media, assemblage, design jewelry, collage, photography, painting,  wall murals,  faux stained glass, and have no fear in "just doing it" taking it slow and easy.  When you feel frustrated lay it down and walk away for a little bit...then return refreshed and positive.  It may not turn out as "planned' but it does turn out....and I am generally pleased with the end results and/or what I have learned along the way to make it easier the next time.

A positive attitude is a happy attitude.  Laughter adds a real positive note when you are creating...  Positive thinking comes from deep within .... it is not a false surface positive but one that reflects in things that you do, what you say and how you say it, the way you deal with others and yourself.  A negative person shouts negative, finds fault with others to make themselves feel better and are easily
recognizable.

Negativeness doesn't have a place in my life (nor do negative people).  My parents were great about telling me that I could do anything I set my mind to do....  There are times you have to adjust what you have done, change something, etc....but this is part of the journey.

Set mini goals....on the road to your main goal.  Set goals that are attainable.  Little steps are so much easier than giant steps.  Don't judge what you do by comparing yourself to what others do..... or say and block negative attitudes from entering into "your space".

So when you start something take a deep breath, tell yourself you can....and you WILL.....

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.