DYNASTY FOLIAGE WAVE BRUSH




I thought it might be fun to introduce others to some of my favorite brushes.  Those that are staples in my jar of paint brushes on my table.  I am going to start first with the brushes that are available in my Landscape Brush Kit that was put together for me by Dynasty.

I use several different types of brushes within the Dynasty line because they do what I want  in performance and achievement.  And in my opinion are the best quality brushes available at a reasonable dollar amount.  
  • The DYNASTY FOLIAGE WAVE brush is one of my favorite brushes for landscape painting and is found in my brush kit that is on Etsy for sale.  My store name is "artistic renderings".
This is a bristle brush and is used for creating light airy foliage "tops" for trees, bushes, grasses, splashes in water, etc.

Photo #1 shows the full brush, and #2 focuses in on the structure of the zigzag bristle cut, which by the way is patented. 

PHOTO #3  and PHOTO #4
In order for this brush to "perform" and do what it has been designed to do there is a period of breaking the brush in.  When I begin using one of these brushes new I soak it in tepid water for about 5 minutes to soften the bristles and then I dry on a terry cloth nubby towel BRISKLY.  (I do this same procedure EVERY time I am going to use this brush and then again when I clean my brush after a painting session).     In Photo #3 you will see me exerting pressure on the brush after it has soaked for about 5 minutes, as I splay these brushes out to use.  Photo #4 shows my brush (which is about 4 years old)
and you can see how it would do a soft, airy top to trees, bushes, etc.  The more this brush is broken in the more excited you will be with the results you achieve.  

When I paint with this brush I load only the TOE of the brush (the end with the longest bristles).  Sometimes I use quite a bit of water like a watercolor load if I want this type of effect and other times I use the brush just damp dry.  There are many ways this brush can effectively been used once it has been broken in correctly.  You will easily develop your own wonderful "style".  

ALONG WITH BREAKING IN THIS BRUSH "WHERE" YOU HOLD THE BRUSH ALSO HAS A DIRECT EFFECT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE BRUSH ALONG WITH QUICK, EASY, SATISFACTORY RESULTS.  

I love using this brush when doing a waterfall to apply splashes of water drops to where the falls hit the still water below.  Once again I use just the toe of the brush in the paint.  I hold my brush at mid point on the handle.

When painting grasses, once again just load the toe of the brush.  Lightly touch the toe at the grass bottom and pull up with your arm.  I find that when doing this effect I have better results holding the brush more at the very tip of the handle.

When using specialty brushes many must be broken in,  used in a different manner, loaded differently and held differently in order to "ACHIEVE" the desired effects.  

These brushes are available in 2 different sizes and I use them both , but the one included in my brush kit is the  1/2" size I find myself using the most.  (the other size is a 1/4" and great for small bushes or small canvas pieces such as ATC)

These brushes are in the Dynasty Decorator brush line and are available at:

http://www.artistbrushstrokes.com

NEXT I will introduce you to the Dynasty Decorator Dry Brushes.  The #12 is in my kit.



I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.