Art by Nicole Martensen

The artist for this piece is Nicole Martensen and it is a piece that really intrigues me.  The depth she has managed to obtain  on a flat surface using color, the drips of paint, the mottled background etc. is amazing.   An inspiring piece that makes me want to fly down to my little studio and create.

Artists who provide this type of inspiration are my "awes" in life.  They make the heart go pitter patter, and I love studying the piece to see what went where and why.  It is art I don't just "glance at" but art that is meant to be totally enjoyed.  A "stand in front of" piece.

Hats off to Nicole.

This piece was published in the May/June issue of Cloth, Paper, Sissors which is one of my favorite magazines.

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.