Still Life / Art / Painting

I have been reading a lot about still life,  thinking about the piece I painted this week, and the desire to do more.  It  has been a good teaching and learning experience.  I have determined that the reason I don't care for most still lifes is the "lack of emotion and feeling".  There is nothing that is left to the imagination.  I am
however;  much more comfortable with the impressionistic form where brush strokes are seen.  With the swish of a brush a bit of emotion is left in softness or hardness vs the rigid line to line color in  type you see on greeting cards.

I like the painterly look, the variance of colors in an object vs the flatness of just a base coat, highlight and shade.

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.