Impressionistic Still Life

One of the things I want to do this year is to work outside of my comfort zone so this is an impressionistic still life.  I have always been a "tight" painter so the impressionistic loosey goosey techniques used are hard for me.  This was done because I loved the tall skinny bottle my daughter used for her lemon vodka at Christmas time.    It was painted on an MDF plaque that I had in my stash.    I used Liquitex acrylic paints and 
Dynasty brushes.  The doily was a plastic one that I had and just stippled onto the board using it as a stencil.  
I took the photo at a slight angle so I didn't get any light glare so the items are just a little off kilter.     I am anxious to do a couple more still life pieces so I need to take a walk through the house and find some items which will be easy and yet challenge me a bit.  When I am working on new technique I stay with "them" until they become more comfortable.


No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.