Glass Frog Paint Brush/Tool Holder

My workspace on my table is limited and I wanted/needed to have something that could "hold" the brushes I was using on a project as well as tools ( quick to grab)  and not take up a lot of space.  Something sturdy and substantial.    My solution were vintage glass frogs...... I LOVE THEM and they work perfect.  I have several as I also collect them.    I have two on my painting table.  One is for my brushes,  and  the other I use for my stylus, graphite pencil in black/grey and white, a couple of q-tips, my stylus pen, and then fill in the remaining holes with my specialty brushes.  i.e.:  mops, dry brushes etc.   I love "recycle" when it is this pretty, this small, and  fits so easily into your purse, painting bag, etc. to take to a class or when traveling.   The brushes are straight up and down so they really don't take up much space and are easily identify-able.


These frogs come in different colors as well as sizes.  I have some that are depression glass green and pink that I just love......and how neat to have something pretty, creative and clever to "recycle" and use.    You can purchase these at grange and estate sales, antique stores and I have even found them in thrift stores so keep your eyes open.  


I also use these when I am working on jewelry pieces to hold my pliers and they also work great when you are working on mixed media pieces, watercolor pencils, colored pencils, micron pens, etc.  


HOW NEAT............




No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.