Beaded Feather Necklace



I love creating things that are different, and challenging my artistic muse. She really had a workout on this piece.
I purchased the marbled/painted feather from Ely (see below for additional information on this artist) and then ordered some natural ones she had on her site for "filler feathers" and it worked great.
One side of the necklace is red and turquoise blue seed beads, lampwork beads, and Tierra Cast spacer beads, and the other side is a brass colored chain. When I went to Cosmetology school years ago my teacher told us that if we would look at each side of our face we would see that it "looked" different and that we should do each side of hair differently....I have never forgotten that and it is something that carries over into my creative, artistic license when working on a painting, piece of jewelry, altered art, etc.
This was a lot of fun and worked up quickly....and exactly as I had invisioned this first piece to be. I am now looking forward to another one, done different, and know what I want to change to get a bit more dimension.... When painting you work from top to bottom, with this piece I had to work from bottom to top.
Thanks Ely for such gorgeous feathers to play with........achoooooo.

2 comments:

Tolegranny said...

Very pretty. Love the colours.

Elle said...

Oh my, that is so beautiful! You inspire me! Elle

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.