DAY OF THE DEAD NECKLACE KIT


My Day of the Dead necklace kit is designed,
and done. The 1st photo is showing the absoutely stunning glass, lampwork, floral focal bead that my daughter V Michelle (Dragynsfyre) has designed especially for this piece and there are 2 worked into the design as well as 2 black smaller lampwork beads which are used to stabalize and ground the handpainted wooden focal. (I love when my daughter and I can work together and incorporate each others art into a design). There are a lot of symbolic elements to this design which I would like to identify for you. ie: The four main bead elements of the design. 1. A clear white crystal for light as we begin our journey 2. The glass red heart bead for love. 3. The floral rose lampwork bead which we bring forward to the deceased and 4. the silver floral skeleton head which is engraved with a floral design around the entire piece .... On the opposite side of the focal are the same 4 elements done in the reverse which signifies leaving". The red and black seed and delica beads are in 3 sizes which signify the stages of the journey. The colors are separated (interrupted) by a silver spacer bead which are resting places or areas to stop and collect are thoughts both to and from our homage. The wooden skull is made more attractive by the addition of a single red handpainted rose of love. This symbolic piece can be worn, used as an altar piece, or anywhere you might wish to remember and pay homage to a deceased loved one.
Additional photos can be seen, and purchasing the kit can be done by going to my Etsy site at: http://www.artisticrenderings.etsy.com/ The cost of this kit, which includes all of the necklace components, beads, clasp, unpainted wooden focal, etc. is $30.00. This also includes Painting and Beading instructions as well as a small colored photo and design diagram. I would say this piece could easily be assembled by a beginner beader. For an additional charge I will handpaint the wooden focal piece if you are not a painter but are interested in the kit. design diagram and a small colored photo of the finished piece. There will be an additonal cost for shipping and handling and as always I will ship overseas.

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.