Sugar Skull / Day of the Dead / Halloween Necklace





A few weeks ago I posted a photo of the wooden skull focal piece I had painted. I just finished the necklace tonight and took a couple of photos to post. I used round ebony beads, Tierra Cast findings, (the silver skulls are Tierra Cast), 2 lampwork beads, delicas in black and ivory, 2 pieces of clear and black furnace glass, the white porcelain sugar skulls that I purchased in a store back East, and some silver chain. The right and left side of the necklace are different. I am one of those who doesn't care for uniformity of design. I used another Tierra Cast piece with the smiling skull charm that is hanging from the jump ring at the base of the skull. I am hoping that now that it is done it is a piece that will be more accepted. I think that it is a fun piece that will be sure to spark comments.

1 comment:

Neet said...

That flower is - can't describe it - wonderful! What a fabulous necklace.

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.