Skull


Day of the Dead is celebrated by many different "religious" faiths. It is to honor our dead and originated many years ago.

I just finished painting this wood lazer cut black skull that is approximately 3" x 2". I purchased some black and white porcelain skull beads in a store back in Ellicottville, NY. called Kazoo II so I will use them with this handpainted skull and fashion into a necklace. (A completed necklace photo will follow later). Kazoo II's window display for the month of October will be honoring deceased family and loved ones and adorned with many Day of the Dead art forms.

My daughter is also going to be making lampwork beads to go with the different skulls I paint, or I will be painting skulls to go with the beads she makes....a joint endeavor that will be fun.
My next one will be done with Halloween fall colors....yellow, orange, red, etc.

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.