New Paints

I have been experimenting with some new metallic paints and patinas that I received this week. I don't mean to gross anyone out but since I was painting skulls I just decided to try the process on one of them. It was really amazing at how well they work and I love the effect that is obtained. This particular "trial" was done with a dark undercoat of Raw Umber from DecoArt, Gold Metallic with a Green Patina.... Guess I will turn this skull into a Halloween piece. It is much to "disturbing" to be used for my other pieces. Email me what you think.

3 comments:

Neet said...

Love the colour - but he is a bit scarey isn't he? So I know what you mean - great for Halloween.

Rena Sawatski said...

Yes he is a bit scary, but I really like the patina look that you achieved with the paints.

Had look through your other items and you sure do beautiful work.

Bell Book and Candle Mixed Media Artist said...

Love the skull and yes he is very scary!! Excellent job on him.

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.