Domino Book




I am in a mixed media Yahoo group and one of the swaps/exchanges I have entered is to do a domino book....I love dominoes so I was excited to begin my project. I did the domino front with encaustic medium, sealed it and then began the inside. Once finished I glued a piece of ribbon (pale pink) to the back domino, made a bow and then attached initial beads to the ribbons. This particular piece is going to a dear friend of mine in California. I hope she will be surprised and will like the little piece of art.
I just read a recent article on "artistic slumps" and the author stated that one of the best ways to re-emerge is to play and that mixed media/altered art is the best way to become more creative .... to return to childhood and play which this artform most certainly allows as there are no restrictions, no right or wrong way,
and no critics.
My journey has been a ball and I love to play....

1 comment:

Hobby Hobbs said...

I love your Domino Book, excellent swap gift.

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.