I love painting on unique and different surfaces.

The artist/designer for this piece escapes me but I do know it was from a vintage oil painting book. Although I used the artists' design I used my own palette of colors with Liquitex acrylics which I love doing. It helps me so much in developing my own technique and gives me color mixing practice.

We are fortunate to have a salvage yard here in Bend so this piece was painted on a wainscoating type kitchen cabinet door which I used horizonally....it was already painted white which was perfect. I painted around the inside edge with black which gives a matted appearance to the piece.

When going anywhere shopping.....do so with an artistic eye as to what might be done to "alter" the piece with paint.

I was totally delighted with the way this piece worked up and completed on this delightfully inexpensive surface.

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.