DeLane Lange Design

This is one of my all time favorite designs....which is by DeLane Lange and called "Little Cottage". I purchased the design packet about 8 years ago. R. Kinkaid (Painter of Light) also has a design which is almost identical to DeLanes .... his has large stone (I think) pillar fence posts which is basically the only difference.

I never tire of painting this design and have painted it on various surfaces, and in different sizes. This is the one I did "for me" and it hangs in my eclectic spare bedroom. I love working with other artists' landscape designs using different color palettes, and paints along with techniques I have learned along the way from many different artists. The only pattern for this piece is basically the cottage and the picket fence....the rest is just a freehanded "free for all" that is just magical as it springs forth, and becomes dimensional.

It is a great color mixing piece with various greens and some great stippling practice using several different types of brushes.

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.