Waterfall Painting


For the past couple of days I have been working on a long slender waterfall design using a photo I had for color reference, rocks, foliage, and the actual waterfall. It was a play, pitter and putter design which is a no-no but since it was my first large waterfall I allowed myself to take my time and work in areas.... The hardest part was putting in the "block in" colors of brown, green and blues. Once I had these "right" the rest was really quite easy.

The next one will work up faster as I learned a lot working on this one...made my mistakes and know what I want to do differently and the same.

I used Liquitex acrylics, Brenda Harris mediums, hardboard for my surface, and the frame was purchased at WalMart....

1 comment:

Peggy B said...

Beautiful and is in a very pretty frame befitting the art!

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.