Intuitive Painting


Earlier this week I had an urge to paint a horizontal piece so I began looking through my stash for something that would "work" and I found a piece of hardboard that had been base coated black and a canvas that was painted a medium blue.  I chose the black base coated hardboard.

I began going through my stencils and pulling those that I felt might be a connection to the painting somehow choosing from intuitive feeling.

Crackle.  I wanted a portion of the painting to have a crackled aged effect so I knew I would be working with one of the brands that I had on hand.  Also chosen and laid aside was a photo I had printed off the computer of a buddha to be used as inspiration.  Other than that I had NO idea where I was going...how it would end up..... so I just began, adding  elements as I progressed as well as using different collaging techniques.  PLAYING.

Last night when I went to bed at about 3:30 AM this is where I was with the painting.  I couldn't quit, I just stayed with the feeling knowing I could sleep in being retired.

Today when I was writing this post and  looking at the painting I noticed that the right eye was not done........ I have AMD in my right eye.  Co-incidence?  I have heard and read that there are NO co-incidences in life....and with intuitive painting this is something to keep in mind.  Will I paint the eye, will I leave it as it is or will I somehow enhance the area in a different manner?  I have no plans....however, Just from the picture I have posted here I see that there is an area above the eye that is WAY too light so that I will fix.....and slight modifications elsewhere......here and there.

I am currently taking an online class titled Soul Blossoming and the canvas has been started but is at a standstill......I have to ask myself if this is going to be a Soul Blossoming piece when it is finished and truly an intuitive painting?

I am anxious to finish but I am also enjoying the journey and I DON'T want it to be finished.

I have been painting intuitively for about 2 years as I process through an emotional victimization.  Art provides answers, allows for seeing things differently, surfaces feelings, and assists in recovery.





No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.