Foiled Painting (UPDATED)




I love these foils....  Depending on where you are standing or how the painting is turned the foiling shows.  I painted the background and then used a Chakra stencil (this one is 3rd eye) and then I foiled using one of the sheets that has variegated colors.  It looks like sunshine, or maybe fire...I guess that is in the eye of the beholder.  In my Etsy shop I sell the foils (which are applied with a small quilting iron) and the Chakra stencil pack.  I am going to mat and frame this but not sure if it is done yet...  One of my favorite pieces.  The iron I purchased from Amazon.  Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and JoAnnes even with a 40% off coupon was more than Amazon at regular price and it works great.  Has a high and low setting and comes with a small resting stand.  I have another piece I am working on that is clay and stencils and a turquoise or silver or both colored foils I want to try.  Would love to have some comments.


I THOUGHT I WAS COMPLETED AS PER THE PHOTOS ABOVE....BUT AS I STARTED TO PUT IT TOGETHER I ADDED THE DELICA BEADS AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE .  IT HAS TAKEN ON A SOUTH WEST FLAIR WHICH I LIKE.  FOR SOME REASON ORANGES, REDS AND YELLOWS SEEM TO BE MY FAVORITE COLORS TO WORK WITH.


No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.