Research Photos


When I posted this photo I suddenly realized what a good research photo it is for painting.  The clouds, tree line, and clouds, not to mention colors.  Also the dimensional look to the painting rather than it being "flat", the laciness of the trees, the faintness of the power lines, the grey in the clouds along with the layers and shapes.  Would also make a unique abstract painting.    The last painting I did was the first time I had worked and liked the effect of the fore ground  and understood how to form rocks, sand, etc. One of those ah ha moments that are fun to experience  .....  The  mounds of sand that could easily be transferred into rocks.  With a little artists license this would / could be a really pretty painting with a lot of learning capabilities.   I am sure people look at some of my photos and go "what the heck was she thinking when she took that picture"  ....   I think artists seem to see things a whole lot differently than others ....

No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.