POURING SUPPLIES



Pouring is a lot of fun....so I thought for those who are interested in learning a list of supplies
(based solely on what I use and like) might be helpful.

1.  Rags
2.  Paper Towels
3.  Baking racks 2 .... (I got mine at the Dollar Tree)
4.  Disposable Rubber Gloves  (Can buy by the box at Harbor Freight and/or Costco)
5.  Popsicle Sticks (or something for stirring your paint)
6.  Different size plastic or paper cups.  (I purchase mine at Cash and Carry  
    Restaurant Supply Store and I prefer the clear acrylic cups so I can see inside for
   easier measuring and can see what is happening inside to the colors when I layer
  them.)
7.  Heavy Duty Drop Cloth (Hardware store, Walmart, etc.)
8.  A couple of plastic straws (for blowing paint)
9.  Cake Frosting Spatula (for frosting canvas/swiping)  (I got mine at Dollar Tree)
10.  Old Credit cards "         "           "
11. Small bottle for water.  
12. Canvas Surface  (I like 12" x 12") Just a nice size for learning.  But choose your    
      own size.  
13.  A couple of storage container plastic lids.  (I have a large and a medium size) to
       pour in..
14. Pouring Medium:
   GAC 800  (Golden Brand) Amazon or Floetrol (available in hardware stores) Elmers     Glue and water 50/50, or Liquitex Pouring Medium  (My 2 favorites are the Elmers Glue and water and the GAC).  Liquitex is expensive and hard to find....and Floetrol can be clumpy/lumpy.  You can use different pour mediums in different colors if you choose to...they will mix OK.
15.  Black Acrylic Paint (I prefer Americana, because of its consistency) but any brand 
       of acrylic paint will work.  I buy my Black in the large bottle because I use a lot of
       black.  And small bottles of acrylic paint of your color choices/favorites.
16.  Silicone
       Treadmill Lubricant (I purchase mine from Amazon) and is my choice or any 
       brand of hair serum that contains the ingredient diamethicone (which is the 
       scientific name for silicone.
17.  Eyedropper for measuring out Silicone
18.  Push pins (to make legs when pouring on wood framed canvas...one in each 
       corner.
 19.  Small Butane Torch and a High Efficiency Butane  High efficiency will result in
        longer lasting torch ... less expensive butane will clog your torch.  You can 
        purchase a torch at Harbor Freight, or I sell them on my website at:
        www.artisticrenderings.etsy.com OR a chefs butane torch will also "work".
    
CLEANING SOLUTION RECIPE:
I keep a wide mouth jar of "cleaning mixture" beside my sink with one of my soft bristled brushes to clean my hands.  I just stick my hand(s) in and use the brush to 
scrub "me" clean.
1/4 Proportion of Murphys Oil Soap
1/4 Proportion of Rubbing Alcohol
1/2 Proportion of Water
Depending on how often it is used determines "new batch".  I normally keep mine a couple of weeks and add to it if I need.   
**This is also the cleaning mixture that I use for cleaning my brushes when I paint.

          Soft bristled brush is available on www.artisticrenderings.etsy.com 


*****  The photo at the beginning of this is a small framed canvas board that I laid in pour run off, laid a rubber stamp in, left until it was dried, and then dry brushed black acrylic paint lightly over the top to bring out the design.   


No comments:

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS

I LOVE FREEZIN' FOG DAYS
Freezing fog on a pine tree bough.